Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update finally

The past few weeks have been pretty busy at work for both of us. I have been pretty swamped with two projects, and dragging my feet on a few others in my spare time. We had a retirement party for Dad Sep 12, but I didn't get any pictures. Check out Jaime's blog www.hughesbaby.blogspot.com/2009/09/dads-retirement-party.html for pictures I have been out in Charleston, WV for a conference this week. I coauthored a paper and presented it Thursday afternoon. The presentation went well, and we had lots of people that wanted to talk to us after the presentation. I got back into town today around 1 and ran into work for a little bit to take care of some things...to find out they were laying people off today. I think it was about 20 people in my building, but I am not certain on the exact number. Luckily Brice and I still have jobs.

Here are some pictures from the past few weeks

Jack checking out a light bulb
Rusty in front of my flowers


Jack and Riley snuggin'

Brice and Rusty

Riley sitting in the basket by the front door


Rusty likes to nibble on Jack's ears
Pest Control...They love moths
I told Rusty to get up with me....he decided to get all the way up on the back of the sofa
Rusty likes catnip toys
Rusty with a racquetball....he get frantic trying to catch it
My crepe myrtle tree - it guess I was trying to be artsy here


West Virginia

We had a little bit of free time the first day in West Virginia so we headed out to the Blenko glass company (http://www.blenkoglass.com/) They had some pretty cool stuff and we also got to see them making the blown glass vases. It was pretty cool.

Lot's of glass
Blowing into the mold

Putting a handle on a pitcher
West Virginia was really with all the trees and mountains. We drove by the capitol building, which was also really impressive, but I didn't have my camera.

No comments: