Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Addition!

Meet Bailey, She is a mutt that is about 3 years old. (she was already named before we got her). Bailey is the dog that I fell in love with last weekend at Bark in the Park. She had actually be adopted by an older lady last Saturday. I went to the shelter Saturday morning to pick of my item that I won in the raffle and figured I'd volunteer while I was there. I had been there a while and had just finished cleaning dishes and the cat room, when the lady came in with her. She said that her husband had passed away suddenly on Tuesday and two dogs were too much for her to take care of one her own. I called Brice several times and he didn't answer his phone. I told the shelter manger, LaRae, that I was going to run home and talk to Brice....she told me to take her with me and to bee back by noon. I had been joking that morning about coming home with a dog, but had no intention of...I actually never even went in the dog section of the shelter. When I got home, I rang to doorbell...before Brice said anything, I clarified that I hadn't adopted her...yet. We let her and Rusty hang out for a little while and she also met the cats. We got back to the shelter a little before noon and adopted her. They weren't going to make us pay the adoption fee since she had already been adopted, so we decided to partially sponsor two dogs that had been at the shelter for a long time.

Bailey is super calm, walks great on a leash, and is potty trained already. She is a little stubborn. She sleeps like a rock, once she falls asleep she is not moving. She is also the ultimate lap dog. The cats and her get along good, and Jack is very interested in her long tail. I think Bailey and Rusty are going to be best buds. We still need to teach her what toys are...she just seems to be confused by them.
Bailey Face

Bailey, trying to figure out why Rusty is always messing with these things

Napping with Bailey

Bailey and Brice

No comments: