Sunday, September 21, 2008

Skunk

Brice's parents came to visit this weekend..and it was an exciting first night. Maddie woke up and needed to go poty so Brice took her and Rusty outside...Maddie found a skunk an so sprayed right in the face. Then we found a recipe of peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap and washed her head twice (gotta love the internet) then we gave both dogs a full body bath with regular dog shampoo. Unless you put your nose right up on her face you can't even smell her anymore and even then it's not strong thankfully. Spraying a diluted bleach sultion outside got the odor out of the yard (it stunk bad on the side of the house) we also put bricks around any of the holes in the fence where the skunk could have gotten in.

I left today around 1:30 to come to Alvarado for a fracturing job. It's my first time to go onsite. I have to train so people how to do some of the water testing that I've been doing in the lab....I guess everyone wasn't kidding when they said that I'd be the biocide expert...and it took less than three months of work.

No comments: