Saturday, October 17, 2009

I eat car salesmen for lunch :-)

I have been thinking about getting a "new" car. I have been looking at SUVs that are low miles and just a few years old. I went to look at an Infiniti FX35 in Lawton, that I have been checking out online for a few weeks. I wasn't going to pull the trigger and buy today, but I wanted to test drive it. We ended up getting sucked into going inside, because we wanted to see the carfax report. I thought I'd see how low they'd be willing to go....the guy came back to me almost $1000 more than the online price. I told him that was unreasonable and we left getting chased into the parking lot by the salesman. I told him, "I'm not playing these games! All I wanted was the best price."

I had the following email the coiner of the dealership from a few days ago:
Lindsey, I wanted to follow up on your inquiry on our 2007 Infiniti FX 35 and see if you were still in the market or if I could answer any questions for you.
Chris

This was my response back today:

Chris,
I just returned from test driving the 2007 Infiniti FX35. I really liked the car, although I will not be doing business with you. I was prepared to write a check for the car today, but when I asked for the best price, I was told the absolute best vehicle price was $XXXX, nearly $1,000 more than the online listed price. Then after telling the salesman, he said he could only take $35 off the listed online price. I was hoping to stay local with my car purchase, but have found that will not be possible for me because of the way your dealership is run. I have found comparable cars for much better prices and at dealerships where I am not trying to be taken advantage of. In the future I will not purchase from you, nor will I recommend you to my colleagues. Regards,Lindsey Gloe

Car Salesmen beware...I am not putting up with your games :-)

No comments: