Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yard Progress....front flowerbed

I found a couple of these hanging baskets for a good price, so I bought two of them. I planted two different colors of petunias, the pink/white and some solid pink that are hard to see in the photo
Here is a picture of the front flowerbed after planting everything. It was previously only rocks, so once everything starts to grow is will be nice to have some color. Everything I planted are perineals and low water once they are established so it should be fairly easy to maintain. I planted everything on April 30th in really nice weather then today we had a little rain/snow mix that wasn't in the forcast. I'll take an moisture we can get because it has been so dry here.
This is one of my baby box woods. I got a moderately slow growing variety
This is my fragrant sun wallflower. I liked to color of the leaves. It also has a long blooming season should be covered with the little yellow flowers from June to September. It is also supposed to smell amazing, according to what I've read, hence the name.
Iceplant. Mom and Dad picked up a xeriscape book that was from Albuquerque at their gardening classes and this plant was in it. I actually bought it in Amarillo on the way out of town when I was there for Easter. It is supposed to spread and form a nice mat and will flower all summer. It also is supposed to grow well over rocks.
Dianthis, I have pots flanking each side of the garage.

No comments: