Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It's been a while since I've posted anything. This year we ended up staying in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving. Finnis and Penni came out and Finnis helped us rebuild the terrible sunroom addition on our house. When we bought the house it was covered with honeysuckle and we didn't know how poorly it was build. We still have to some work to do, but it is much better now. We had a non-tradtional dinner. We smoked a pork shoulder all day, and I also made a green bean casserole, party potatoes, corn casserole, and sopapilla cheesecake. The neighbor kids brought over a pumpkin pie, so I'll make one this week with the ingredients that I bought.



This is sort of a 'before' picture. We had actually already torn down quite a bit of the honeysuckle at this point
Behind all the honeysuckle. The wall wasn't sealed very well and they did a terrible job insulating it. Also, the smaller windows on the right side of the picture didn't even go through the wall, they were covered with dry wall
New window. Brice and his dad sealing up the joints. Siding is up now and we need to prime and paint as well as texture the dry wall on the interior wall

No comments: